Dr. Mark & Jan Smith Scholarship
Requirements: Medical or Education Major
The Dr. Mark and Jan Smith Scholarship honors the Smiths who served in numerous capacities within the community. He was a surgeon for 31 years and NCHS Board member for 21 years. She was the Bible Study Fellowship teaching leader and served on the New Castle-Henry County Public Library Board. They were both devoted members of the First Baptist Church.
The scholarship will be award to a NCHS senior who intends to major in a medical field or education. The Recipient will be selected on the basis of academic performance, school and community service and career plans.
The second semester payment is dependent upon verification of a first semester GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalency.
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS IN THIS ORDER (no staples):
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (including a statement describing why you want to pursue medical or education field)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not arranged in the above stated order
3. Application is stapled
4. Application is not received at the Foundation office by the due date: March 11, 2013 at 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in two installments, the first in the fall semester, the second in the spring semester after the student has turned in grades to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Completed application and attachments must be submitted to:
Henry County Community Foundation, Inc.
P. O. Box 6006 – 700 So. Memorial Drive
New Castle, IN 47362