Grants: Investments in our Community
The Unrestricted Funds for Community Grants is funded by generous donations of individuals wishing to enhance the quality of life in Henry County. Through endowment, these donations not only provide for current needs but will remain in the community forever ensuring assistance for generations to come. As our endowments continue to grow, so does our ability to fund many worthwhile programs to improve the quality of life in Henry County.
The Henry County Community Foundation has two grant cycles per year, a Spring cycle and a Fall cycle. Grant proposals will only be accepted from organizations who attend the Spring or Fall workshop.
Spring Grant Workshop: March 6, 2013, 4pm
Spring Grant Applications due: March 29, 2013 by 12:00 pm (noon)
Fall Grant Workshop: August 7, 2013, 4pm
Fall Grant Applications due: August 30, 2013 by 12:00 pm (noon)
All grant applications will be reviewed by a Grants Committee member, including a site-visit. Recommendations are made to the Board of Directors during the April and September meeting and decisions will be mailed to organizations within 48 hours.
As a community foundation, the Henry County Community Foundation addresses the broad needs in Henry County which include, but are not limited to, the following five categories:
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL - to include the support of hospitals, rehabilitation centers, not-for- profit health and medical related programs including safety and wellness and recreational programs;
- SOCIAL SERVICES - to include the support of human service organizations, programs for children and youth, and services to the aged;
- EDUCATION - to include support for programs in pre-school, elementary, secondary, and post-secondary education, scholarships, and special education programs;
- CULTURAL AFFAIRS - to include the support of programs and facilities which are designed to establish a diversified county cultural program that offers widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation; and
- CIVIC AFFAIRS - to include the support of programs and facilities related to criminal justice, community development, employment, citizens' involvement, leadership training, and other community activities.