Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS DESIGNED TO RAISE THE LEVEL OF EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT IN HENRY COUNTY BY ENCOURAGING MORE STUDENTS TO ATTEND COLLEGE, GRADUATE, AND INCREASE THE PERCENTAGE OF INDIANA RESIDENTS WHO HOLD A BACCALAUREATE DEGREE.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will fund full tuition, required fees, and an allocation of up to $900 per year for required books and required equipment for four years of undergraduate study leading to a baccalaureate degree in any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Applicant must be:
- Resident of Henry County
- 2013 graduate of one of the following seven high schools: Blue River Valley Jr-Sr High School, Hagerstown Jr-Sr High School, Knightstown High School, New Castle High School, Shenandoah Jr-Sr High School, Tri Jr-Sr High School, Union Jr-Sr High School
- Accepted to a full-time baccalaureate course of study beginning in the fall of 2013 at an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana
The student who receives this scholarship must:
- Remain in good standing at the college or university s/he attends
- Agree to report annually to the Henry County Community Foundation, Inc. on his/her progress in college
- Submit an official academic transcript to the Foundation by May 31st each year.
- Agree to report annually to the Foundation for a period of ten years following graduation on his/her employment and/or additional education
Due date: The completed application must be returned to your High School Guidance Office by date set by your Counselor.
Download Application here*
Download Recommendation Form here*
* Please note: Adobe Reader does not allow work to be saved. The forms may be completed and printed.