TASC Grant Guidelines
Eligibility for Youth Grants shall fall into one of these categories:
- Youth organization or club
- Not for profit 501 (c) 3
- Community organization
- School (public or private)
Grant preferences are established as follows:
- Must directly relate to our mission statement
- Must address a need for youth of Henry County
- Must provide a time line for completion of project
- Grants under $2,500 preferred
- Projects that benefit the most people
Grant money may not be used for the following:
- Overhead costs
- Salaries or wages
- Direct donations to other organizations
Evaluation of applications shall be as follows:
- All application criteria met - Budget and proof of 501 (c) 3 must be included
- Applications will be considered on the first reading with one of three options:
- Tabled for future consideration or for the collection of more information
- Voting quorum
- 3/4 of the total membership must be present to vote on grant applications
- 2/3 vote of those present shall be required to approve an application
- A majority vote from those present from each school shall be required to approve an application
Applications will be considered at the regular meetings that follow each deadline.
However, TASC reserves the right to receive applications at any time and to consider requests at any regularly scheduled meeting (with the voting stipulations described above).
All grant applicants will be notified in writing with respect to the grant decision of the TASC Committee. This correspondence will state whether or not a grant was made and will state the purpose for which it was approved. The TASC Committee will periodically review each grant award and will require a final evaluation report from each grantee.
Grant applications may be downloaded online, picked up at any of the Henry County School Main Offices or at the Henry County Community Foundation Office at 700 S. Memorial Drive in New Castle.
Youth grant applications must be submitted to the Henry County Community Foundation Office, POB 6006, New Castle, IN 47362.