Requirements: two or four year school, NCHS senior, GPA 3.0 or higher, financial need, preference to students related to a graduate of the New Castle Class of 1960
The Class of 1960 would like to honor and memorialize their class through the establishment of this scholarship. The Class of 1960 scholarship will benefit a senior from the New Castle High School attending a two-year or four-year program with a GPA of a 3.0 or higher. Financial need will be considered and preference will be given to students related to a graduate of the class of 1960.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
- New Castle graduating senior
- 2 or 4 year degree
- 3.0 GPA
- Financial need
- Preference given to students related to a graduate of the Class of 1960
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.