Congratulations on taking the first steps towards your higher education. Our scholarship program is made of separate funds created by donors who establish specific criteria for the scholarships. Each scholarship has its own purpose, selection and eligibility criteria. Scholarships are to pay for tuition only, unless noted in the individual scholarship descriptions. All scholarships are competitive and will be selected based on the pool of qualified applicants. Scholarship awards are paid directly to the educational institutions where the student is enrolled.
Spring 2017 Scholarship Deadline: March 3, 2017, 5PM (for Fall 2017 semester)
Current College Student Scholarship Deadline: June 9, 2017, 5PM (the following are due in June for Fall 2017 semester):
- Dr. William K. Saint*– Indiana University School of Medicine
- Francis & Marian Mundell Nursing*– SHS graduate, nursing, 24 years-old+, part or full time student
- Janice Paige Hughes*– HC resident, IN college, Special Education, 3rd-yr studies
- Ray Family*– 3.0+ GPA, completed first year of studies
- William F. Byrket*– 3.5+ GPA, College Junior and Senior
Accepts Applications on a Rolling Basis (all attachments due at time of application):
- Opportunities Unlimited*– HC high school graduate, financial need, college/vocational/career training, renewable (reapply with new packet)
- Ray Pavy Spirit*– HC resident, attending New Castle Ivy Tech/IU East Danielson Center, 2.5 GPA, renewable at semester (reapply with new packet)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 21st CENTURY SCHOLARS: If you are a 21st Century Scholar, please be aware that you should only apply for tuition-based scholarships if your full tuition is NOT being covered. There is a place on the financial page to mark what amount of your tuition is covered by 21st Century. Those scholarships that will cover room and board, books, and other expenses in addition to tuition are noted in their scholarship description as well as with an asterisk (*) by their name in the list.
Click on the Scholarship name from the list provided. This will take you directly to the guidelines and information for that scholarship.
To help the ease and expense of applying for scholarships:
- Scholarships do not have to be in individual envelopes.
- You do not have to mail the scholarships to the office. We gladly accept applications which are walked in. An after hours drop box is located at the front entrance of the foundation office for evening deposits.
- Recommendations are not required to be in sealed envelope. *Please note* some are more comfortable sealing and/or have always sealed recommendations and we will accept those as well. You may use the recommendation form or letters.
In helping you prepare for your finances, below is an estimated award key. Be advised, small fluctuations may occur with award amounts based on investments.
Scholarship Award Range Key:
$100-$499 = $
$500-$999 = $$
$1000 and over =$$$
Check out our FAQ, found in the left sidebar! Direct any unanswered questions to Katina Reedy, Program Director, email@example.com or call 765-529-2235.