Through the support of local donations, the Henry County Community Foundation continues to help area agencies with their COVID-19 response and relief efforts. With job disruptions and increased health risks, the COVID-19 pandemic is creating new unmet needs. Donations to the COVID-19 Disaster Relief Fund are providing grants to organizations serving vulnerable populations affected by the crisis.
Seven organizations received assistance during the second round of emergency relief.
- Raintree Habitat for Humanity to assist with mortgage and escrow payments
- New Castle Schools Food Service to purchase bag sealers and bags to prepackage items for their weekly food distribution program
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry to process over 1800 lbs. of donated beef for Henry County residents in need
- New Castle Main Street for the Business Resiliency Fund
- Blountsville Firemen’s Association for PPE, AEDs, thermometers and food pantry needs
- Christian Love Center for weekly hot meals program and food pantry
- Developmental Services Inc. to create emergency kits for staff that need to stay in clients’ homes
Support those affected in our community with a donation to the COVID-19 Disaster Relief Fund. Donations to the Foundation stay locally to help Henry County and residents to get through the crisis created by the pandemic. Please visit https://www.henrycountycf.org/giving/donate-online/ to make your donation today.
Qualified nonprofit organizations can apply for grants in the amounts of $1,000 to $2,000 at https://www.henrycountycf.org/grants/. Click on “Rapid Response Emergency Grants” and follow the link to the online application via the “Apply” button.
Since March, Henry County Community Foundation Rapid Response Emergency Grants have provided over $25,000 to local organizations with their COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
While the Foundation office is currently closed, staff is working from home and taking care of business. If you need to contact us, call the office at 765-529-2235 and leave a message or email Director of Grants, Erin Riggle, at email@example.com.