State Farm Neighborhood Assist
State Farm® is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2022 by building State Farm Neighborhood Assist® bigger. That means more submissions, more grants, and spreading good to more communities.
This year, the program will award 100 $25,000 grants (vs. 40 grants in previous years) to nonprofit organizations to help fund neighborhood improvement projects. Additionally, we’re doubling the number of cause submissions to 4,000.
What you should know
- U.S. residents who are 18 and older with a valid email address can participate.
- The application is short and simple, and you can learn more by visiting www.
- Applications are available and due on February 16 at 1PM EST – we will accept the first 4,000 submissions and narrow it down to 200 finalists.
- Meet the 2021 Winning Causes. (The more unique, the higher the chances of making it into the top 200)
Prep for submission day (SPOTS FILL UP FAST)
- 2022 Submission Guide – Get your submission ready with our easy to use guide so you can copy and paste on February 16.
- Your application will be judged based on your answers to the following questions:
- Name of the Cause – (Start with “A” or letter early in alphabet. This will move your cause to top of the list when voting – Example “A Field of Dreams”)
- How much does the cause focus on an unmet need in this community?
- Why do you feel the $25,000 would address the unmet need?
- How much of a lasting impact on this community would the grant have?
- The submission phase is February 16 at 1PM EST and ends when 4,000 submissions are reached. (Last year we received 2,000 submissions in under 30 minutes)
- All you have to do is submit the cause; you don’t have to “run the program.” Apply early – my recommendation would be right at 1:00:01 PM EST on February 16.
- The Top 200 finalists will then be uploaded to www.neighborhoodassist.com
where you can vote for 10 days – from April 27- May 6. Each person gets up to 10 votes per day, every day.
- The Top 100 causes with the most votes will each win a $25,000 grant from State Farm! Winners will be announced on June 7.
Here’s my challenge to you: I am encouraging you to apply for a grant and also share this opportunity with another nonprofit, school, library, police, fire, church, or city officials to have them apply for a grant as well. I would love to have the most winners in Indiana and Michigan!
Please reach out if you have any questions, thank you for making a difference in your community, and good luck!
Doug Meier CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CASL, RICP, LUTCF
318 Parkview Dr
New Castle, IN 47362
Bus 765.529.8755 Fax 765.521.3268