“Choose Henry Fund” Grant Recipients
(Pictured above are the 2018 “Choose Henry Fund” grant recipients. The organizations are listed below)
The Henry County Community Foundation (HCCF) board of directors awarded $111,741 to 18 organizations serving Henry County residents on October 3, 2018. The purpose of these grants is to assist local nonprofits to promote and support social services, arts and culture, health and recreation, civic affairs, and the educational needs of Henry County residents.
The grants were made out of the Choose Henry Fund, formerly the Unrestricted Fund for Community Grants, which was established by generous donors across Henry County to help address local needs and enhance our community, and every dollar donated to the Choose Henry Fund makes a difference. The needs in the county are always changing, making the Choose Henry Fund an essential part of our community.
The following grants are awarded through the Choose Henry Fund, supporting the following categories:
- Henry County Historical Society: $1,076 for Collection Cataloging and Virtual Exhibit software update.
- Preserve Henry County, Inc.: $12,000 to assist with the 1321-23 Broad Street Building Restoration, including restoration and reinstallation of the prism glass window tiles, and repainting the building façade and window trim.
- Wilbur Wright Birthplace and Museum: $1,000 to assist with the carpet replacement project at the museum.
- Faith Community: $13,596 to fund the cost of four washer and four dryer replacements.
- Family Services and Prevention Programs: $4,203 for “Baby Bucks,” to provide safety and child development items for parents in the Henry County Healthy Families program.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana: $7,573 to assist with food procurement and distribution costs related to the Tailgate Program in Henry County.
- Secret Families of Henry County: $5,000 for the 2018 Christmas Season, including clothing and toys for 10 families.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL:
- Hickory Creek at New Castle: $15,265 to fund a Courtyard project, including cement pad, walkway, and shelter.
- Little Red Door Cancer Agency: $2,500 to assist the Rides of Hope Transportation program for Henry County cancer patients.
- New Castle City Parks: $4,000 to fund lifeguard certification courses for the Lifeguard Certification and Retention Program.
- New Castle EMS: $5,690 to purchase body armor for EMS providers.
- Youth Opportunity Center, Inc.: $1,983 to purchase six encrypted radios for the TRU Harbor facility.
- Ark Daycare & Preschool Ministry: $15,456 for the preschool’s playground improvement project.
- Developmental Services, Inc.: $6,203.89 for Education and Enrichment Curriculum Kits to support adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Eastwood Elementary School: $8,504 to assist with the school’s special needs playground project.
- Ivy Tech Community College: $5,250 for Working Together Trainings to help strengthen identified soft skills areas, in partnership with the New Castle Career Center.
- Knightstown Kids, Inc.: $1,299 to purchase a new Pinewood Derby Track for the Knightstown-area Scouts and Girl Scout troops.
- Scouts Pack 453: $1,143 to purchase a new Pinewood Derby Track for the Middletown-area Scout troop.