Nonprofit Leaders Group
Connecting You With Your Peers
The Henry County Community Foundation has sponsored Shafer Leadership Academy to work with a team of your peers to develop a Henry County Nonprofit Leaders Group. Inspired by similar groups across the state, this is an opportunity for nonprofit professionals in the Henry County community to gather for professional development, collaboration, and connecting.
Your Ideas, Your Group
This group is still in the development phase. We’re not sure what it will look like yet. However, we do know that a group like this meets your needs – the needs of nonprofit professionals in Henry County. This will be your group, driven by what you say matters.
Which is why we are inviting you to help us answer these questions:
- What value could this provide the Henry County Nonprofit Community?
- Who might be likely to attend?
- What are the barriers to participate?
- How often should the group meet?
- Where should the group meet?
- How long should the group meet?
We are providing two opportunities for you to join in a community conversation regarding a possible Henry County Nonprofit Leaders Group
Friday, June 21st, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, Henry County REMC
Monday, June 24th, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, the Hoosier Gym (Knightstown)
During these meetings, you will
- Have the opportunity to meet other nonprofit professionals
- Provide your input about forming a nonprofit executive groups
- Enjoy a complimentary meal
Who Is Invited To Attend?
All members must share the following characteristics.
- Nonprofit professionals and committed volunteers
- Must have a shared interest in collaborating with other local nonprofits
- Must be willing to be candid and share your challenges and successes
Our Steering Committee
- Carrie Barrett, New Castle Main Street
- Ashley Huffman, Believe and Achieve Mentoring
- Amy Junkins, ICAP
- Mitch Isaacs, Shafer Leadership Academy
- Jeff Kundert, Westminster Community Center
- Alan McCrain, Raintree Habitat for Humanity
- Kelley Millhoan, Knightstown Main Street
- Sandy Scott, City of New Castle Parks