Requirements: NCHS graduate, attending Ind. State Univ.
TO THE APPLICANT: The Philip & Wilma Borders ISU Scholarship was established in 2005 to provide financial assistance to New Castle High School graduates pursuing an undergraduate degree at Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. Awards are based on scholastic aptitude.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
- Applicant must be graduating or be a graduate of New Castle High School
2. Applicant must be admitted and enrolled as a full-time student, carrying at least twelve (12) hours per academic semester
3. Applicant must be seeking a terminal undergraduate degree
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (including a written statement detailing personal and educational goals and career objective) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Awards will not be made for Summer sessions.