Requirements: 2.5+ GPA, renewable, including summer sessions
The Ray Pavy Spirit Scholarship Fund was established in August 2005 to honor Dr. Ray Pavy by the Friends of Ray Pavy to provide scholarships for students who are Henry County residents and are enrolled and attending credit courses that will lead to a certification resulting in career opportunities, associates or bachelor’s degree at the Danielson Learning Center or Ivy Tech Community College in Henry County. Scholarship is by semester, not year. Students will be eligible to re-apply each academic semester including summer sessions, as long as they are enrolled in courses at the New Castle locations.
Primary consideration shall be given to deserving people who have demonstrated potential for learning, and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
To be used for tuition and educational expenses.
1. Attending the Danielson Learning Center or Ivy Tech Henry County Campus
2. GPA of 2.5
3. Potential for learning
4. Credited classes
5. Henry County Resident
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Transcript (with class schedule showing classes being held in Henry County)
4. Course schedule for upcoming semester with campus noted
5. College Acceptance Letter (if no college transcript is included)
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not arranged in the above stated order
3. Application is stapled
4. Application is not received at the Foundation office by the due date:
Spring 2018 Semester: December 8, 2017, 5pm
Summer classes 2018: may vary
Fall 2018 Semester: June 8, 2018, 5pm
Accepts applications on an ongoing basis.
If student does NOT attend the Danielson Learning Center or Ivy Tech New Castle, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund. Funding will not be granted to students taking courses, onsite or online, at any Ivy Tech or IU campus other than those in New Castle.
Scholarship Award Range- $$
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Completed application and attachments must be submitted to:
Henry County Community Foundation
700 S Memorial Dr
PO Box 6006
New Castle, IN 47362