Competitive grant funding for selected local Non Profits to support an intern(s).
How to Apply for a Non Profit SUMMER Internship Grant through the Henry County Community Foundation
The Foundation is pleased to offer this program for 2023. The program grant is competitive, nonprofits selected on a first come first serve basis, once funds are depleted the application will be closed. Those chosen will receive funds to hire the intern to run from May 1st, 2023- August 15th, 2023. HCCF will provide funding for 15 hours a week and a minimum hourly rate of $15.00, with payroll expenses included. A financial report and an outcome report will be required at the completion of the internship.
Non Profit Eligibility:
- The Non Profit must be legally established as a Non Profit who provides services in Henry County and a public charity recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Non Profit must have a board of directors or county committee that broadly represents Henry County.
- The Non Profit must be able to demonstrate that financial controls and procedures are in place to safeguard and account for its assets. (i.e. the ability to pay appropriate payroll taxes for intern.)
Henry County residents, full or part-time undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in accredited two-year or four-year Indiana colleges or universities.
Nonprofits will be required to submit a narrative.
Narratives should include:
1. Clearly articulated goals and objectives
2. A well-written job description that explains each intern’s duties
3. The number of interns expected during the period
4. Time frames and compensation
5. A sound strategy for supervising the interns