The Lilly scholar will receive funding for full tuition, required fees, and an allocation of up to $900 per year for required books and equipment for four years of undergraduate study in any Indiana public or private college or university. Lilly finalists who do not receive the scholarship will be granted a one-time award from the community foundation for $1,000.
Applications are due to school guidance counselors on September 22, 2017.
*Students may use the recommendation form provided with the application, or submit letters of recommendation. 3-5 completed recommendations are required.
To apply for the Lilly Endowment Scholarship, you must be:
- Resident of Henry County
- 2017 graduate of one of the following seven high schools: Blue River Valley Jr-Sr High School, Hagerstown Jr-Sr High School, Knightstown High School, New Castle High School, Shenandoah Jr-Sr High School, Tri Jr-Sr High School, Union Jr-Sr High School
- Accepted to a full-time baccalaureate course of study beginning in the fall of 2017 at an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana
The student who receives this scholarship must:
- Remain in good standing at the college or university s/he attends
- Agree to report annually to the Henry County Community Foundation, Inc. on his/her progress in college
- Submit an official academic transcript to the Foundation by May 31st each year.
- Agree to report annually to the Foundation for a period of ten years following graduation on his/her employment and/or additional education