Requirements: Financial need, C+ average
The Alford Family Scholarship Fund was created to honor Sam for his contributions to New Castle High School and the New Castle community. The purpose of the scholarship fund is to benefit young men and young women and to enable them to further their formal education.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. Graduating senior at New Castle High School
2. 2.333 GPA or higher in a curriculum designed to prepare such student for college
3. Financial need.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.