Requirements: Financial need, 2.67+ GPA, college in Indiana
The Alice Ann Garner Scholarship was established by her parents in 2000. They created the scholarship in her memory due to her untimely death. The scholarship award is for $1,000 to any senior boy or girl at New Castle High School with a GPA of 2.67 or better, accepted by an accredited university or college within the state of Indiana, and showing a financial need.
The scholarship may be renewable if funds are available. If the student awarded the scholarship does not attend a university or college, all monies awarded shall be reimbursed to the Scholarship Fund.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and related educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.