Jack Basler was administrator for the Henry County Memorial Hospital and raised his family in New Castle. He and his wife Paula had three children, all New Castle High School graduates. The family established the scholarship with the hopes of helping students with their collegiate careers for years to come.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1) NCHS graduating senior
2) No GPA requirements
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
If the student does not attend, all monies awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.