Requirements: 3.0 GPA or higher, financial need, HC resident including home schooled, Renewable
Benjamin F. Williams Jr. was a setup man and quality assurance person for Chrysler. After losing part of his finger, he designed a safety device for the machines. In his honor, his family established this scholarship to enable Henry County students to receive financial assistance for their pursuit of higher education. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Henry County resident (including home school student)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Post graduate applicants must have completed at least one year of college
- For those students majoring in education, health care occupations or vet science, who have participated in extracurricular activities, performed community service, and show financial need.
- General Application
- Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
- Financial Questionnaire
- College Acceptance Letter (not required if already attending college)
- Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
- Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
- Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
If the student does not attend, all monies awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.