Requirements: Attended NC Area Vocational, HC resident enrolled at vocational, technical or 4yr school
Established in 2006 through the Henry County Community Foundation by Mr. McClure’s daughter and son-in-law, Mike and Patty Broyles, the scholarship is intended for a graduating senior who is a Henry County resident, attended New Castle Area Career School and plans on continuing their education through schooling including vocational, technical school or through the pursuit of a four-year degree.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Henry County Resident
Attended New Castle Area Career School
No grade requirement
No financial need
May attend vocational or technical school or pursue a 4-year degree
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.