Requirements: Graduating senior from New Castle High School, renewable
The CHARLES V. AND RUTH SAHLBERG SCHOLARSHIP FUND was officially established in 1999 in memory of Ruth Sahlberg, a former teacher in the New Castle School Corporation.The award is a one-year scholarship for a graduating senior from New Castle High School enrolled in an accredited college or university on a four-year program. The scholarship may be renewed at the discretion of the committee.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.