Requirements: Child of identified employees from D.L. Couch who have 3 years of service, renewable
Established by Dennis and Lori Couch in 2018 for the purpose of helping of children of their 3-year tenure employees attain a higher education. The scholarship is for children of identified employees from D.L. Couch for graduating high school seniors and current college students up to age 26 to pursue higher education – including certification, trade school, an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree. Students may attend school part or full-time in order to obtain their degree.
Must apply through the online application (see link below). The scholarship is renewable up to the completion of the degree.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Be a child of an identified employee from D.L. Couch who has 3 or more years of service (working full or part time). The children of temporary employees, retired employees, and the children of D.L. Couch subsidiary companies are not eligible. Relatives of the owners of D.L. Couch Inc. are not eligible.
- Certification, trade school, 2 or 4 year degree, or graduate degree
- Attend school full or part-time
- Tuition statement from school must be submitted to HCCF to disburse scholarship funds (after receiving notification of award)
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm, high school students only
June 5, 2020, 5pm, college students only
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester directly to the school after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office. **Student is also required to submit their Tuition statement with name and ID number.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.