Requirements: 2.75 GPA or higher, music major, financial need
Dorothy Pfenninger is known as an expert at making music after seventy-five years of “tickling the ivories”. She was well known as a church organist at the First Christian Church and the First United Methodist Church, as well as playing for weddings, funerals, and other events. Upon her retirement, church friends, family, and neighbors established this scholarship in her honor. Her request was that the recipients have a 2.75 GPA and major in the music field.
May be renewable.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1) Graduating Senior from any Henry County, IN school corporation
2) 2.75 GPA or higher
3) Music Major in any Field
4) Financial Needs
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.