Requirements: Medical Field
The Dr. Guido P. Wilhelm Scholarship was established in 1994 to honor Henry County’s first obstetrician/gynecologist. He served as school physician from 1972-1993. Dr. Wilhelm was known as a generous, benevolent, compassionate and creative person, who lived a very rewarding and full life. The recipient of this scholarship will be a student from Henry County, preferably with a desire to pursue a medical field, who has achieved scholastically, is a quiet doer, well rounded, thinks of the needs of others and serves as a positive role model.
The one-year scholarship will be awarded to any senior boy or girl from a Henry County High School planning to attend a four-year college or university. Eligibility is determined by the Selection Committee, based on scholastic achievement and a desire to pursue any medical field. The amount of the scholarship may vary annually and there will be only one category of scholarships.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (including experience in the medical field and a statement describing yourself and why you want to pursue a medical field) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5PM
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.