Requirements: Education, journalism or communication; 3.0+
The Dr. Larry Horney Scholarship Fund was officially established in 1994 in memory of Dr. Larry J. Horney, a former faculty member of New Castle High School and Ball State University.
The award is a one-year scholarship to a graduating senior from New Castle High School with an accumulative GPA of 3.0, enrolled in an accredited college or university on a four-year program, majoring in education, journalism or communications. Financial need will be considered. Applicants will be reviewed by a selection committee.
To be used for tuition only.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5PM
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.