Requirements: Medical or Education Major
The Dr. Mark and Jan Smith Scholarship honors the Smiths who served in numerous capacities within the community. He was a surgeon for 31 years and NCHS Board member for 21 years. She was the Bible Study Fellowship teaching leader and served on the New Castle-Henry County Public Library Board. They were both devoted members of the First Baptist Church.
The scholarship will be award to a NCHS senior who intends to major in a medical field or education. The Recipient will be selected on the basis of academic performance, school and community service and career plans.
The second semester payment is dependent upon verification of a first semester GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalency.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (including a statement describing why you want to pursue medical or education field) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.