Requirements: Intellectual motivation, need, ability Educational Objective
The Frederick V. Wood and Mary L. Couch Wood Scholarship Fund was established from the Last Will and Testament of Frederick V. Wood. It provides an opportunity for seniors at New Castle High School to get financial assistance to help further their education. The scholarship committee of the Henry County community Foundation, Inc. has been asked to select the recipient from New Castle High School.
The award is a one-year scholarship to a graduating senior enrolled in an accredited college or university on a four-year program.
“Although recipients of scholarships are not obligated to repay the money given them, we do wish to impress upon each recipient that he or she has received financial assistance and repayment of the amount received enables the foundation to assist more worthy young men and women in obtaining a college education.”
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
CRITERIA: Intellectual motivation, Need, Ability, Educational objective
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (Please note date applied for financial aid) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Essay: one page typed essay expressing your career plans
4. Financial questionnaire
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid by the Wayne County Community Foundaton. Recipient will receive communication from the WCCF after the awards day.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.