Requirements: Shenandoah graduating senior, 2 or 4 year program, preference to Ball State University
Gary Merritt is a Middletown native and his wife Lana was a Muncie Central Bearcat in the glory days of state championships. In 2017 they established a scholarship to assist Shenandoah students pursuing a degree in higher education.
This award is for Shenandoah seniors who are attending a 2 or 4 year school, with preference given to students attending at Ball State University.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Graduating senior at Shenandoah High School
Attending a two- or four-year program
Preference to applicants attending Ball State University
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.