Requirements: THS, 3.5 GPA or higher, business, management or accounting
Helen Ellis Brown was born in 1925 in Henry County and began school at Westwood Elementary until fourth grade when her family moved to Spiceland. She graduated from the Spiceland Academy in 1943. She said she loved the Spiceland School and had wonderful, fond memories of the time she spent there. She went on to attend Indiana Business College where she majored in accounting. She and her husband, Richard, both worked for General Motors Corporation., Helen in the accounting department and Richard as an engineer. They had no children. Mrs. Brown stated she was not a very good student but she was able to make a very good life and wanted to establish the scholarship for her alma mater.
Available to a graduating senior from Tri Jr-Sr High with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, majoring in business, management or accounting. Financial need may be considered in the event the committee has candidates who are otherwise equal.
To be used for tuition, room and board, lab fees, and related educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire (in the event the committee has candidates who are otherwise equal)
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.