Requirements: 2.5+ GPA, athlete, 2 or 4 year degree, may be renewed
The Herby Meredith Memorial Scholarship Fund was created on the one year anniversary of Herby’s death to be awarded to a graduating athlete at the New Castle High School. The purpose of the scholarship fund is to benefit young men and young women and to enable them to further their two or four-year formal education. Distributions from the fund shall be made annually to provide a scholarship to a senior at New Castle High School who has maintained a 2.5 or above GPA and who is an athlete in any sport.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.