Hobart and Helen Risley were long-time educators in Henry County who helped many students develop good citizenship. Helen established the scholarship in memory of Hobart before her passing in 2018. The scholarship is available to Henry County high school graduates who are residents of Henry County pursuing a 2- or 4-year degree. 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale is required, with financial need considered, and the scholarship may be renewed if funds are available.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. Henry County resident and graduate of a Henry County school
2. Pursuing a 2 or 4 year certificate or degree at an accredited two-year or four-year public or private institution of higher learning
3. Financial need will be considered
4. 3.0 GPA requirement on a 4.0 scale
5. May be renewed
2.Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School
Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.