Requirements: NCHS graduating senior, NCHS graduate
The family of long time New Castle resident, Irene Bovender Wade Hunley, has established a scholarship fund in her memory to award scholarships to New Castle High School graduating seniors or graduate. Mrs. Hunley attended beauty school as a young girl, loved to play the piano and dance, and was a faithful member of the First Baptist Church.
Renewable with transcript as long as the student is in good standing.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and other educational expenses .
NCHS graduating senior or graduate who shows financial need or lack of resources.
Special consideration will be given to students:
-Enrolled in a certificate program in beauty/cosmetology
-Study piano based upon prior involvement with the instrument
-Study dance based upon prior involvement with dance
-Member of the First Baptist Church in New Castle
-Worked part-time in a hospital or assisted living home during high school
-Was on swim team for four years in high school
-Has an immediate family member that serves or has served in the military
No GPA requirements
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Essay which covers: a) the importance of hard work, b) what it means to honor your commitments, c) why it is important to give something back to others and d) what role faith plays in achieving happiness
4. Financial Questionnaire
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: March 1, 2019, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.