Requirements: HC resident, IN college, Special Education, 3rd-yr studies
The Janice Paige Hughes Scholarship was created in her memory by the estate of her mother, Junette Sue Hughes Chance. Handicapped at birth, Janice had many teachers and educators who helped her be all that she could and her mother wanted to acknowledge those that work in the education of the handicapped and disabled.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and related educational expenses.
1) Henry County Resident
2) Enrolled in University or College in State of Indiana
3) Majoring in Education, specializing in special education or teaching handicapped students
4) Must be starting at least the third year of studies at university
5) Scholarship will cover tuition, books, room and board
6) May be renewable
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. College Transcript
4. Two Letters of Recommendation or letters (from Professor, Guidance Counselor, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: June 5, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.