Requirements: Vocational School-certification or 2 yr
Established in the year 2003 in memory of Jeff Carman by his wife and family, the scholarship was created to help Henry County resident students who attended the New Castle Area Vocation School. This scholarship is for a student who is interested in a vocational school education.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Resident of Henry County
Attendance at New Castle Area Vocational School
Acceptance to a Vocational School or College
Working for a certificate or two-year program
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.