Requirements: 2 or 4 year program, financial need
Established in 2002 by the family of Jessy Lee McClure, who died at the age of 16 from injuries sustained in a horseback riding accident. Jessy was a cheerleader from 5th thru 8th grades, a member of the New Castle Middle School Band and belonged to the New Castle YMCA and N Avenue Church of God’s Christian youth program.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Graduating senior or graduate of New Castle High School
No grade requirement
Financial Need Considered
May attend two-or four- year program
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.