Requirements: Involved with community services
Description: The Knightstown Friends Meeting DAWG (Devoted Adolescence Worshipping God) Youth Group along with friends and family established the Joseph White Scholarship in recognition of his compassion, character, and service to his community. Joe graduated from Knightstown High School in 1930 and attended Purdue University. In recognition of Joe’s positive impact on the community, inspiration and support of others, the scholarship committee will give special attention to candidates showing a high level of service to their community.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior from Knightstown High School
- Attending an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a 4-year degree
- Community service will be a factor
- Financial need will be considered
- No GPA requirement
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.