The award will be given to a female graduating from Tri High that has applied to an Ivy League school (Yale University, Harvard University, Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, Dartmouth University, Cornell University, Columbia University, and Brown University). The applicant does not have to be accepted or go to the Ivy League school to get the scholarship.
A brief explanation is required about how the applicant would like to help others. Extra curricular activities will be reviewed as well — Examples: school sports and clubs, working a part-time job, babysitting, mowing lawns, pet sitting, etc.
Payments will be made directly to the college or university for tuition, room and board, or books. The scholarship will be paid in two payments, one half for the fall semester and upon receipt of the student’s grades, the other half for the spring semester. A selection committee will review the applications. Financial needs will be considered, but will not be a priority.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data
3. Proof of application to an Ivy League school (uploaded to Community Force)
4. Brief statement of how the applicant would like to help others
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
If student does not attend a university or college after being awarded this scholarship, all monies awarded shall be returned to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.