Requirements: participated in wrestling, GPA of 2.5 or higher, Henry County, IN graduating senior
Levi Black of New Castle was a student at Shenandoah High School and was an accomplished athlete on the school’s wrestling team, making varsity his freshman year. Levi’s parents set up this scholarship in honor of him after he unexpectedly passed away in November 2015. The scholarship is open to Henry County high school seniors who participated in wrestling and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (6.4 on 12.0 scale).
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Senior who has participated in wrestling
- 2.5 GPA or higher on 4.0 scale
- Henry County, IN graduating HS senior
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Forms or Letters of Recommendation (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.