Requirements: Early childhood or elementary education Degree
The Linda Walls Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Linda Walls who was a teacher at Greenstreet Elementary School when she was fatally injured in an automobile accident. The family wished to provide an opportunity for a graduate to receive financial assistance in higher education providing they were pursuing a degree in early childhood education or elementary education.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
Available to any senior at New Castle High School.
A Selection committee will review applications emphasizing:
Ability & Educational objectives
Acceptance to a four-year program at an accredited college or university
- General Scholarship Application
- Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
- Essay as to why pursuing degree
- Financial Questionnaire
- College Acceptance Letter
- Two Recommendation forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.