Requirements: certificate, 2 or 4 year degree, preference to Magna descendant
Scholarship available to residents of Henry County and lineal descendants of employees of Magna Machine and Tool Company. Others to be considered include graduating seniors of any Henry County High School and graduating seniors from Hagerstown High School ( in Wayne County) and Union High School (Randolph County) or post graduates who have been accepted for continuing education at any vocational school, accredited college or university pursuing a certificate or two or four year degree.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and books.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Indication of Magna Machine lineage, if applicable
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms(from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.