Requirements: certificate, 2 or 4-year degree
The Mark Myers Scholarship was established by Mrs. LaRue Myers, Richard Myers, & Dr. James Myers in memory of Mark Myers. In dedication to the many years Mark Myers was in business in New Castle, it is their desire that this scholarship will encourage a student to pursue further education.
The award is a one-year scholarship to a graduating senior from New Castle High School, enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a certification, two or four-year program.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.