Mary Kendall Lovely Brumback was known throughout her life for her keen mind, her unwavering faith and her love for friends and family. She had been a New Castle resident since 1972 and was a retired teacher from Garfield Elementary School in Muncie. She was active in numerous community groups, including; Sorosis Club, Shakespeare Club, the Henry County Retired Teachers Association, the local AARP chapter, Friends of the Library, Cheerful Homemakers and the Books and Blessings book club. She had been a long-time volunteer in the local adult literacy program and at the New Castle Henry County Memorial Hospital. She was an active member of the New Castle First Friends Meeting, where she taught the Keystone Sunday School class.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
1. Henry County Resident who has had their education interrupted such that they have been out of school for a year or more
2. Attending a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university
3. Pursing teaching degree
4. Financial need will be considered
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
4. College Transcript
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.