Requirements: 4-H, Purdue, renewable, will consider financial need
The Matthew E. Lee Memorial 4-H Scholarship was officially established in memory of Matthew E. Lee, who was graduated from Knightstown High School in 1994 and from Purdue University in 1998. Matthew was a ten- year 4-H member, a three year president of Collegiate 4-H. In addition, he was very active in the FFA at the local, state, and national level.
The award is a scholarship for a senior that may be renewed annually for a period not to exceed three (3) years. An applicant may be a senior at any Henry County high school if they were an active 4-H club member. Rush County 4-H members are eligible if they graduate from Knightstown Jr. Sr. High School. Must attend Purdue University.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (with verification of 4-H enrollment) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority but will be considered.
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.