The idea of creating a lasting legacy for students graduating from New Castle High School was a concept first advanced by Leon Ammerman, President of the Class of 1954. He introduced the idea at the Class of 1954’s forty-fifth reunion in September 1999. His idea caught on with his classmates and with their help in developing and producing marketing materials, sold the idea to the other Class members and the fund became a reality. The success of this class scholarship has been instrumental in getting other classes to start scholarship funds also. Preference will be given to a relative of the Class of 1954 but is not required.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. One page essay describing personal goals.
4. Name of relative who was a graduate of New Castle High School in the Class of 1954, if applicable
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.