Requirements: essay, relative of Class of 1969 preferred, GPA of 2.7 (B-)
To honor those memories and to have our class remembered forever, a Class of 1969 fund was established to benefit a senior from the New Castle High School. The scholarship is non-renewable and preference will be given to a relative of a Class of 1969 graduate. Students must have a GPA of a 2.7 or higher to apply.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. One page essay describing self, future goals and why you deserve this award
4. Name of relative who was a graduate of New Castle High School in the Class of 1969
6. College Acceptance Letter
7. Two Recommendation Forms (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Financial need is not a priority.
Scholarship Award Range- $
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.