Requirements: Financial need, college/vocational training/ career training, renewable
Established in 2003 for the purpose of providing scholarships for seniors of any Henry County High School, post graduates, or GED recipients for continuing education at any vocational school, accredited college or university whether pursuing a degree or certification.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior any Henry County High School, post graduate, or GED recipient
- Students who have demonstrated a potential for learning
- Financial Need or Limited Resources
- GPA will not be considered
- May be used for vocational training, specific career training, or college education
- With availability of funds, may be renewable by re-applying
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (Additional personal situation or needs may be attached. One page in length) (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter (if no college transcript is included)
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Professor, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date:
Fall 2019 Semester: March 1, 2019, 5pm for HS students
or June 7, 2019, 5pm for college students
Accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Please click here to apply online.
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.