Requirements: 3.0 GPA or higher, Music, art, theatre, education
Established by Charles and Maria Preble to honor Charles and his brothers, all graduates of New Castle High School. This fund is to provide scholarships for Henry County graduating seniors or graduates with a preference to New Castle High School in order to enable a student to major in music studies, education, theatre or arts with music majors receiving first preference at any accredited university or college. The scholarship may be renewable upon review of the scholarship committee.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
1) Henry County resident, graduating seniors or graduates
2) 3.0 GPA or higher
3) Music Studies, arts, education, theatre at any College or University
- General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Letters of Recommendation or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.