Requirements: Knightstown graduating senior, 2.5 GPA, technical certificate/2/4 year degree
Duane and Peg Queener have long-served the Knightstown community, with Duane serving as a teacher, administrator, and varsity boys’ basketball coach, and Peg as a guidance counselor. In celebration of their 60th wedding anniversary and in honor of a lifetime of service to Knightstown High School, their daughters established the Queener Family Scholarship. The renewable scholarship will benefit a Knightstown graduating senior with a 2.5 or higher GPA in pursuit of a technical certificate, 2- or 4-year degree.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior at Knightstown High School
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Pursuing a technical certificate, 2 or 4 year degree
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
4. College Acceptance Letter
5. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.