Requirements: 2.5+ GPA, renewable, including summer sessions
The Ray Pavy Spirit Scholarship Fund was established in August 2005 to honor Dr. Ray Pavy by the Friends of Ray Pavy to provide scholarships for students who are Henry County residents and are enrolled and attending credit courses that will lead to a certification resulting in career opportunities, associates or bachelor’s degree at the Ivy Tech Community College in New Castle. Students enrolled in online classes as required by Ivy Tech for completion of degree or certification, and are not offered or available at the New Castle campus, are also eligible. Scholarship is by semester, not year. Students will be eligible to re-apply each academic semester including summer sessions, as long as they are enrolled in courses at the Ivy Tech-New Castle location.
Primary consideration shall be given to deserving people who have demonstrated potential for learning, and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
To be used for tuition and educational expenses.
1. Must be enrolled in courses at Ivy Tech Community College-New Castle
2. GPA of 2.5
3. Potential for learning
4. Credited classes
5. Henry County Resident
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Transcript (with class schedule showing classes being held in New Castle)
4. Course schedule for upcoming semester with campus noted, Ivy Tech-New Castle
5. College Acceptance Letter (if no college transcript is included)
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not arranged in the above stated order
3. Application is stapled
4. Application is not received at the Foundation office by the due date:
Spring 2020 Semester: December 13, 2019, 5pm
High School Students: February 3, 2020, 5pm (will be asked to submit a course schedule at a later date to prove NC Ivy Tech enrollment)
Summer classes 2020: may vary
Fall 2020 Semester: June 5, 2020, 5pm
Accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Please click here to apply online.
If student does NOT attend the Ivy Tech New Castle, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund. Funding will not be granted to students taking courses, onsite or online, at any Ivy Tech campus other than those in New Castle.
Scholarship Award Range- $$
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.
Completed application and attachments must be submitted online.