Requirements: New Castle graduating senior, community involvement, athlete, 3.0 GPA, financial need
Established by Joyce Veach in memory of her husband Robert, the award is for New Castle High School graduating seniors to pursue a 2- or 4-year degree at any public or private college or university. Students must have a 3.0 GPA or higher, participate in community activities, be an athlete, and exhibit financial need.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses.
- Graduating senior at New Castle High School
- 2- or 4 year degree
- 3.0 GPA
- Community Activities
- Financial Need
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.