Requirements: Nursing major, financial need
Roger Burke was a resident of New Castle and a graduate of New Castle High School with the Class of 1951. Roger was a college graduate and taught elementary level at schools in South America, as well as Texas and New Mexico. He retired from teaching at the Richmond School System. Roger loved to travel and had traveled extensively to many countries and had collected art and cultural items from many countries.
Upon his death in 2004, Roger had directed his estate to establish a scholarship for New Castle High School seniors who intend to pursue a career in nursing and who demonstrates financial need.
To be used for tuition, room and board, and educational expenses .
1. General Application
2. Personal Data (may attach resume or additional page as needed)
3. Financial Questionnaire
5. College Acceptance Letter
6. Two Recommendation Forms or letters (from High School Principal, High School Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Employer, etc.)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
1. Application is incomplete (missing any of the above attachments)
2. Application is not submitted by the due date: February 3, 2020, 5pm
Scholarship Award Range- $$$
If student does NOT attend a university or college, all money awarded shall be reimbursed to the scholarship fund.
Payments will be paid in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester after the student has turned in a thank you note to the Foundation Office.
IMPORTANT: The Henry County Community Foundation will not send checks to the college choice until a thank you has been received at the foundation, addressed to the individual provided on the award letter. The foundation will mail the thank you note/card to the appropriate individual.